Welcome to the The Sam Houston Chapter of the Texas Association for Play Therapy (SHAPT). SHAPT is the local arm of the Texas Association for Play Therapy, a branch of the Association for Play Therapy. The purpose of SHAPT is to provide a forum for discussion of play therapy ideas and concerns.
We are happy that you are visiting our web page. We hope this site serves as a resource for information about play therapy for the greater Houston metropolitan area.
The Purpose of SHAPT
The purpose of SHAPT is to provide a forum for discussion of play therapy ideas and concerns. The mission of the Association for Play Therapy is to promote the value of play, play therapy, and credentialed play therapists. To satisfy this mission, the Association for Play Therapy will advance the psychosocial development and mental health of all people by sponsoring and supporting those programs, services, and related activities that promote the:
- Public understanding and appreciation of play and play therapy;
- Effective practice of play therapy through research, education and training, and support;
- Recognition, incorporation, and preservation of diversity in play and play therapy;
- Development and maintenance of a strong professional organization that satisfies this mission.
The Goals of SHAPT are to:
- Seek to advance the discipline of play therapy.
- Conduct and foster programs of education in the field of play therapy.
- Promote sound play therapy practices in the interest of society and the individual.
- Advance high standards of professional conduct by conducting educational and professional
meetings and conferences.
- Inform and educate the general public and the mental health community about the play
- Establish contacts with various organizations for support and educational pursuits; and
- To advocate for the rights of children, their families, and significant others.
SHAPT Officers 2016-17
|Marian Redsun, LCSW, RPT email@example.com||Charlene Rogers, M.A., LPC-S, RPT-S
|Kelly Peyton, MA, LPC, RPT, CCTP firstname.lastname@example.org|
|TREASURER||CORRESPONDING SECRETARY||RECORDING SECRETARY|
M.A., MBA, LPC-I
|Teresa Brown, M.Ed., LPC, NCC, RPT email@example.com||Haley Garth, LPC, RPT, NCC firstname.lastname@example.org|
|TAPT CHAPTER LIAISON||DIRECTOR AT LARGE|
|Julia Byeseda, LCSW, CTP
|Marilyn Crawford, LPC email@example.com|